If you cannot see this flash movie, download the Flash player at http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/
Car and Marine Audio
JL Audio W7 Series 12" 3-ohm subwoofer...for your vehicle, whether it be a car, truck, SUV, boat, or other...
Manufacturer: JL Audio
Model #: 12W7-3
Availability: Available - In stock
Item Price: N/A
Please call or email: for current pricingSpecial Order - Call 303-761-6022 / 800-766-3955 for Details
Please or call
JL Audio's 30-plus years of research into car audio design has produced the legendary W7 subwoofer, and you'll hear that engineering in every note. JL Audio applies its advanced technologies separately to each W7 subwoofer, so each size sub is a unique design with its own motor and suspension system. You'll hear smooth, audiophile-quality bass output, even at extreme levels.
W7 subs feature six different patented technologies which give them their edge:
* W-Cone™: a dish-shaped outer cone is supported by a second W-shaped inner cone attached to the sub's voice coil structure. The light mineral-filled polypropylene cones respond rapidly for accurate, distortion-free bass without unwanted coloration.
* OverRoll™: the oversized polyether foam surround extends over the edge of the mounting flange for more bass output without sacrificing linearity.
* Floating Cone Attach Method (FCAM™): cone-bonding technology keeps the voice coil centered during long excursion.
* Plateau-reinforced spider attachment: a collar on the voice coil eases stress on the spider for extended excursion and improved reliability.
* Elevated frame cooling and cross-drilled pole-piece: cone movement pumps air through vents in the frame and machined holes in the pole piece, keeping the voice coil cool.
JL Audio designed the 3-ohm 12" W7 subwoofer to maintain linear motion during extreme cone travel, so you get a high-performance sub that's incredibly reliable. You'll find a strong cast-alloy basket and ultra-long voice coil among many impressive features, which help this sub deliver profound, natural, and lifelike bass. This 3-ohm sub should behave similarly to a 4-ohm subwoofer in most power applications;
* 12" 3-ohm subwoofer
* polypropylene W-Cone with polyester foam surround
* solid cast-alloy basket
* power range: 400-1,000 watts RMS
* peak power handling: 2,000 watts
* frequency response: 18-200 Hz
* sensitivity: 86.2 dB
* top-mount depth: 9-1/2"
* sealed box volume: 1.375 cubic feet
* ported box volume: 1.75 cubic feet
* warranty: 1 year